This is a no-fuss prep, no-hovering-over-the-stove-to-cook omelet for the family. It mixes up quickly and you can customize it to your liking. I love doing this one on a Sunday morning before church! It’s nice and filling, so the sermon isn’t interrupted by a growling tummy. ~Kathy
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham or pork breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped kale
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- ¼ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper, kale, and onion. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Loosely cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes or until set and golden brown.