Pasta is my weakness. There are few culinary combinations so perfect as a noodle with the the exact ratio of a cheesy sauce. Ranking high on the favorites list is a good lasagna. In fact, our recipe for Lasagna in the Highest will always be one of my favorite foods. It’s a traditional lasagna that I highly recommend you try! But, before (or after) you do that, you’ve also got to try this Chicken Alfredo Lasagna. My beef loving sons even ate seconds, and you might even say it’s good for you at only 6 WW Freestyle points for a 1 1/4 cup serving! ~Tracy
- ~¾ pounds uncooked lasagna noodles
- ~2 tsp. olive oil
- ~½ c. chopped red or orange bell pepper
- ~½ c. finely chopped onion
- ~5 or 6 cloves roasted garlic
- ~3 to 4 sweet cherry peppers, chopped (I use Mezzetta brand)
- ~1 c. finely chopped spinach
- ~2 c. chopped or shredded chicken breast (I prefer to use shredded chicken breasts from a rotisserie chicken)
- ~2 T. flour
- ~¾ c. fat free chicken broth or prepared bouillon
- ~1 15 oz. bottle light alfredo sauce (I use Classico)
- ~¼ c. shredded parmesan cheese
- ~¾ c. reduced fat small curd cottage cheese
- ~1 c. 2% grated Colby Jack cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Be sure to generously salt your boiling water before adding the noodles.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add olive oil and heat on low to medium heat.
- When your olive oil is warm, add peppers, onion, and spinach.
- Saute the onions, peppers, and spinach until the onion becomes slightly translucent and the spinach begins to wilt. Add roasted garlic and heat through.
- Add chicken and stir to mix the sauteed vegetables with the chicken.
- Stir in flour and combine well.
- Add chicken broth and stir until chicken and vegetable mixture start to just slightly thicken.
- Stir in the jar of alfredo sauce, parmesan cheese, and cottage cheese. Heat through.
- Spray a 10 x 13 lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Spread a thin layer of the chicken alfredo mixture in the bottom of the pan, approximately ½ cup.
- Place one layer of lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Top with ¼ c. of the Colby Jack.
- Add another layer of the chicken alfredo sauce and continue layering noodles, chicken alfredo mixture, and Colby Jack.
- Be sure to end with a layer of the sauce and top with the last of the Colby Jack.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook approximately 10 minutes more.
WW Freestyle Info.: Makes 12 servings approximately 1 ¼ c. each. Each serving is 6 points.