I had a watermelon salad in a bistro several years ago while on vacation, and I could not believe how much I loved it (I’m normally not the biggest lover of watermelon). In this salad, though, the chilled watermelon and vinaigrette dressing were exactly what I needed on an unusually hot day in the mountains, and the sweetness of the melon is balanced by the saltiness of the pepitas and feta. And it had such a gourmet feel to it, as it was absolutely gorgeous. Impress your summertime guests with this wonderful salad I recreated with my very own, easy peasy vinaigrette that has a bright and beautiful honey citrus flavor. ~Robin
- ⅛ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ c. lime juice (usually 2 limes)
- ⅛ c. honey
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 5 oz. bag of spring mix salad
- heaping ½ c. chopped red onion
- 2 oz. fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ c. salted, roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 10 oz. cubed watermelon
- 1/4 c. minced cilantro (optional)
- Chill salad mix, watermelon, and limes before you begin to make this recipe nice and cool upon serving.
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix, chopped red onion, pepitas, feta, and cilantro (if desired).
- Gently lay cubed watermelon on top of salad mix.
- Whisk dressing once more and drizzle dressing over salad (I start with about a 1/3 and gradually add a little more…if you over-pour you can be left with a pool of dressing in the bottom. You’ll typically only need about half the dressing or a little less). Points are figured for a little over half the dressing to be on the safe side.
- Then gently toss together to coat salad and mix in watermelon.
- Serve immediately.
WW Freestyle Info.: Serves 4 and is 4 points per heaping cup.