I’m a huge fan of fruit salad, but so many have a ton of added ingredients that crank up the calories. Sometimes simple is best, and the kick of lime makes this beautiful dish a refreshing sweet/tart treat fit for any meal, whether served at your table or, better yet, a picnic blanket. ~Robin
- ~12 oz. strawberries, chopped (this was a whole 16 oz. package weighed after I removed stems and chopped them)
- ~10 oz. pineapple, chopped (about half a pineapple)
- ~1 Granny Smith apple, chopped (Granny Smith is the only apple tart enough, and there’s a nice crispness that works well for varied texture here too.)
- ~5 oz. seedless black grapes (about 25 grapes), halved
- ~1/8 c. sugar
- ~3 limes’ juice (about 6 T.)
- Wash and chop all fruit; combine.
- Add sugar, then add the juice of 2 limes, stir well, and taste. Then add a 3rd lime’s juice if you like it more tart.
- Chill at least 30 minutes for the sweet and tart flavors to mix well.
- Can be chilled overnight as well if you want to make it ahead.
Weight Watcher’s info.: 1 cup = 1 point; 1.5 cups = 2 points; 2 cups = 3 points (for my fellow fruit fanatics)