These little apple pies are wonderfully portable and perfectly portion controlled. Just a few ingredients required! My kids like to take these in their lunches and, actually, so do I. For extra decadence, drizzle your pie with a tiny bit of caramel ice cream topping! ~Erin
- ~ 1 (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crust (I use Pillsbury.)
- ~ 6 sweet apples, peeled & diced (I use Pink Lady but Honeycrisp or Jazz would be good too.)
- ~ 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ~ 4 T. apple butter (Musselman’s is the best.)
- ~ Spray butter
- Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon and bake for 20 minutes, or until apples start to get tender.
- Remove the apples from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425°F.
- Transfer the apples to a medium sized bowl & stir in the apple butter; set aside.
- Unroll one pie crust and, using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the crust into 8 even slices like you would cut a pizza.
- Place each dough slice into the muffin tin and fill them with the apple mixture.
- Fold the ends of the dough over the top of the apples and spritz each mini pie with a few sprays of butter. (Or dot with real butter if you aren’t counting Weight Watchers points!)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Weight Watchers info: Each mini pie is 5 SmartPoints on WW Freestyle.