I love anything I can put in the crockpot and basically forget about all day. This is one of those recipes. It’s beyond simple. The only real prep work is chopping the jalapenos. You know the appetizer where jalapenos are hollowed out, stuffed with creamy cheeses, wrapped in bacon, and cooked until hot and bubbly? This has all that flavor — but in soup form! It’s not overly spicy since you remove all the seeds and ribs from the jalapenos (that’s where the heat is) but it’s infused with that delicious peppery flavor. Topped with some bacon bits and shredded cheese, I’ve turned the popular popper into a warm bowl of comfort food. So easy, cheesy, and bacon-y. Yes, that’s a word… at least in my vocabulary. Bacon makes everything better! ~Erin
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast (frozen in single pieces)
- 4 oz. Greek or Reduced Fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 4-5 large fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 32 oz. fat free chicken stock
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 T. salt
- 3 (15.5 oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- For serving: real bacon bits (I like to cook mine for a few minutes in a small skillet to crisp them up.), reduced fat shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese, chopped pickled jalapenos, chopped green onions
In the pot of your slow cooker, whisk together softened cream cheese and condensed cheddar cheese soup until well combined.
Whisk chicken stock, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder into cream cheese/soup mixture.
Add jalapenos and frozen chicken breast. (You can use thawed chicken breast as well but keep in mind, it will cook faster.)
Cook 4-5 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low. When 1 hour of cook time is left, remove the chicken breasts from the pot, shred, and return to pot. Add cannellini beans and continue to cook for the last hour of cook time.
To serve, top each bowl with 1 tablespoon real bacon bits, ¼ cup reduced fat cheese, and, if desired, pickled jalapenos and green onions.
WW Freestyle Info.:
This recipe makes 8 servings. Each serving is 13 ounces (weight) or about 1 ½ cups. Each serving is 3 points.
By adding the suggested amount of bacon bits (1 point) and reduced fat cheese (3 points), the total value of each serving would be 7 points/serving.