One thing I have missed since I started eating healthy (most of the time) is sauces. Sauces – especially creamy ones – are often high in calories/Weight Watcher points. When you have a tight points budget each day, you don’t want to waste points on things like sauces. For this reason, I have started creating my own sauces. I can make them in small batches, instead of having a large bottle sitting around until after its expiration date; I can make them as rich or as low-fat as I choose; and I can avoid all the preservatives and additives that are often present in bottled/jarred sauces.
This Creamy Cilantro Sauce is one of my favorite sauce concoctions. It can be used a veggie or chip dip, a sauce for Mexican dishes (it’s great on tacos!), or a dip for something like these Chicken Fajita Meatballs (photo below)! The possibilities are endless! If you need me, I’ll be in the kitchen dipping everything in this sauce. Best part is, I can enjoy this with NO guilt. Check out the stats at the end of this post! Dip, dip, hooray for zero WW point sauce! ~Erin
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. fat-free cream cheese
- 1 (7 oz.) can salsa verde (I use Herdez brand.)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ a bunch of cilantro, stems removed
- The zest of one lime (optional)
- 2 T. fresh lime juice – about one squeezed lime
Blend all ingredients in a blender, scraping down the sides occasionally, until smooth.
WW Freestyle Info: Makes 2 cups of sauce. Up to 2 Tablespoons is zero points. 3-6 tablespoons is 1 point. 7-10 tablespoons is 2 points.
Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- ~ 1 (8 oz.) pkg. fat-free cream cheese
- ~ 1 (7 oz.) can salsa verde (I use Herdez brand.)
- ~ ½ tsp. black pepper
- ~ 1 tsp. celery salt
- ~ ½ tsp. cumin
- ~ 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ~ ½ a bunch of cilantro, stems removed
- ~ The zest of one lime (optional)
- ~ 2 T. fresh lime juice – about one squeezed lime
- Blend all ingredients in a blender, scraping down the sides occasionally, until smooth.
WW Freestyle Info: Makes 2 cups of sauce. Up to 2 Tablespoons is zero points. 3-6 Tablespoons is 1 point. 7-10 Tablespoons is 2 points.
One thought on “Creamy Cilantro Sauce”