I had tried several recipes for this over several years and was starting to think I just didn’t like chicken spaghetti. Some were too soupy, others were swimming in cheese, and many were just flavorless.
I finally just scrapped every recipe I had ever tried and started over with my own. This has a touch of a kick from the Ro-Tel that you can customize to your own taste (substitute some petite diced tomatoes instead!) but also just a really nice flavor from the Ro-Tel, green onion, garlic, and cilantro…It’s cheesy but not just a giant blob of Velveeta. This is finally, finally, finally, it! Hope it’s just right for you too. One more note: This makes a LOT of food (14 one-cup servings) but you could easily cut the recipe in half if you have a smaller crowd to feed. ~Robin
- 16 oz. Barilla whole grain pasta spaghetti
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 16 oz. Velveeta cheese, chopped into 1” cubes
- 4 cans (10 oz. each) of Ro-Tel tomatoes & green chilies, drained (I use original but if you aren’t into spice, you could use mild too)
- 1 ½ c. green onions, chopped (reserve ½ c. to garnish the individual servings)
- 2 to 3 tsp. garlic salt to taste
- ¼ c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 oz. of Kraft 2% mild cheddar cheese (for topping)
Cook the spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
While noodles are still hot, add Velveeta and stir until melted.
Add shredded chicken, 1 c. chopped onions, drained Ro-Tel, garlic salt, and cilantro; stir until combined.
Spread the mixture in a 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle cheddar across the top.
Bake at 350°F until bubbly and hot throughout (25-30 minutes).
Sprinkle servings with additional green onion if desired.
WW Freestyle Info.: Makes 14 one-cup servings at 7 points each.