This light salad isn’t overly sweet for a hot summer evening. The almonds just add some protein and a bit of crunch — and with almonds and peaches being related, it only seems fitting to pair them here. The peaches, blueberries, cucumber and red onion all blend really nicely with this super simple, sweet-tart honey-lime dressing. A touch of feta would work well here too, but I don’t normally add it to the mixed salad; instead, I have it near for folks to choose whether they want to add it to their own serving (since feta seems to be a pretty love/hate sort of item). I had blueberries on hand, but blackberries would be great too. Hope you enjoy trying all the possibilities with this easy peasy salad.
PS–I’ve tried several honey-lime dressings, but in this case, simplest is best. Can’t go wrong with fresh squeezed lime juice and honey!
- 5 c. fresh spinach
- 1 cucumber, seeded & chopped (about 1.5 cups)
- 1.5 c. blueberries
- ½ c. sliced almonds
- 1.5-2 peaches,* sliced
- ½ a red onion, sliced (I half the slices of the bigger pieces, just so not overly messy to eat)
- ¼ c. lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 T. honey
- Juice 3 limes, one of them into a different container. Then slice peaches and carefully pour the juice from 1 lime over them to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Combine spinach, cucumber, almonds, onion and blueberries. Set aside.
- For dressing, mix ¼ c. lime juice and 2 T. honey. Whisk together well and pour over salad.
- Add blueberries and peaches to salad and very gently toss together, then serve.
WW Freestyle Info.: Each 2 c. serving is only 4 points.
*I’ll be honest, I use 2 peaches but I always end up eating half of one as I make the salad.