This casserole is great when you don’t have a lot of time to prep a meal. I made this over the weekend and spent very little time in the kitchen. I mean, I’d rather be in the kitchen than doing what I was doing, which was dusting the wooden blinds. (Fun! – not) How those things gather so much dust so fast is beyond me. Anywho, I was able to boil my chicken while I dusted away. After shredding the chicken and quickly mixing up the other ingredients, it was back in the oven while I dusted some more. Easy for busy days.
This casserole is good comfort food for post-dusting tiredness. Buttery Ritz topping? Sign me up! That’s the best part so don’t skimp on it. My husband likes it over rice but, in my opinion, that detracts from the flavor so try it on its own first. Pair it with some roasted veggies or a salad and BAM, you’ve got a good meal on the table. ~Erin
- ~ 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ~ 2 cans (10.5 oz each) Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- ~ 1 ½ c. plain, fat free yogurt (regular or Greek)
- ~ 1 tsp. salt
- ~ ½ tsp. pepper
- ~ 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ~ 2 T. poppy seeds
- ~ 50 Ritz Crackers
- ~ 4 T. light butter, melted (I use Land O’ Lakes Light.)
- ~ Nonstick cooking spray
- Boil or bake the chicken until cooked through; shred or chop and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, yogurt, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and poppy seeds. Add chicken & stir until well combined.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread chicken/soup mixture evenly in the pan.
- In a small bowl or a gallon zip lock baggie, crush the Ritz crackers and mix with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the buttered cracker crumbs evenly over the top of the chicken & soup mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until hot & bubbly and the crackers are golden brown.
Weight Watchers Info.: This makes 6 servings. Each serving is 8 SmartPoints on Freestyle.