I have been making this cheesecake recipe for years and I’ve never had it fail me! It’s quick to mix together, uses basic ingredients, and when it’s baked it’s smooth and creamy. I love lemon curd to top mine (reminiscent of my favorite Cheesecake Factory indulgence); my boys love cherries. It’s up to you to personalize in your favorite way! ~Kathy
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp lemon zest, optional
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (I like the larger one that says “2 extra servings”)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, blend cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until fully incorporated. Mix in lemon zest if using.
- Pour into crust, smooth the top.
- Place in oven and bake 35 – 40 minutes, until center is almost completely set.
- Allow to cool then chill in refrigerator.
- Top with your favorite topping, or eat plain.