My crock pot and I could really be best friends. When it comes to dinner, I rely on that one appliance as much as anything else. There’s nothing better than coming home to dinner that is near ready when you walk in the door from a busy workday. A few basic ingredients and you will be enjoying this slow cooked version of a classic. Just before you want to have dinner, bake your favorite biscuits and serve it over top of one! Here’s a great biscuit recipe to try: Mama’s Flaky Cream Biscuits. Delish!!
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced to 1 1/2”
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – any fat trimmed (about 1 ¾ to 2 pounds)
- 2 T minced dried onion (or ½ c fresh onion chopped)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cans (10 ½ oz each) Campbell’s Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 c. water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 1 c. frozen peas or green beans
Place diced potatoes in 6-quart crock pot. Add carrots and seasonings. Lay chicken breasts on top of vegetables. Pour in cream of chicken soup and water over chicken. Do Not Mix! (Corn and peas are added later.) Place lid on crock pot and cook on high for approximately 4 hours or on low for approximately 7 hours. Remove chicken from crock pot to a heat proof plate and shred; set aside. Add corn and peas or beans to the crock pot. Thin sauce in crock pot with up to an additional ¼ c. chicken broth, if needed. Return chicken to pot. Allow frozen vegetables to heat through, about 10 minutes. Serve over a baked, warm, split biscuit.
WW Freestyle Info: Makes 8 servings of 1¼ cups each. 4 points per serving, not counting your choice of biscuit.