I love a dish that is versatile. My favorite foods are those that you can eat any time of day …. breakfast, lunch, dinner. This twist on a Mexican classic is perfect for any time of day, whether you just want something easy and yummy to eat, or you’re looking for something to have for your next brunch or baby shower! Anytime of day you make it, it’s guaranteed to be a hit. Generally breaded and fried, the chili relleno is loaded with flavor, but who has time (or the allotted calories) for fried foods? In this dish the green chilies add the perfect amount of flavor, but they are not spicy. This recipe mixes up quickly and bakes while you accomplish other things on your to-do list. Served alongside fruit salad or a green salad it is totally delicious! ~ Kathy
- 8 eggs
- ½ c. Greek yogurt*
- 1 c. Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1 T 2% milk
- 1/3 c. Bisquick baking mix
- 7 oz. can mild, diced green chilies
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl crack 6 eggs, add Greek yogurt and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking mix, milk and remaining two eggs. Combine well and ensure there are no lumps. Add to egg mixture in the large bowl.
- Stir in cheese, green chilies and seasonings.
- Pour into greased baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for approximately 30 more minutes, or until completely set in the center.
- *If you do not have Greek yogurt, you can substitute sour cream, but this will change the WW Points.
WW Freestyle Info.: This recipe makes 6 generous servings that are 4 points each. With reduced fat cheese, you can reduce that to 3 points!