Friends, it’s summer sandwich season and I don’t know about you, but I do get tired of that side of potato chips. I also get a little tired of thinking about the ridiculous number of calories I can ingest while eating those chips (#noselfcontrol). This Classic Potato & Egg Salad is a lower calorie option than those chips. It’s also super easy to make, and it will go great with all of your summer sandwiches and barbeques. ~Tracy
- ~1 ½ lbs. small red or golden new potatoes, boiled until fork tender and chopped into bite sized pieces
- ~4 large eggs, hard boiled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- ~¼ cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- ~1/3 c. finely chopped spicy dill pickle (I used Great Value Spicy Dill Pickle Spears)
- ~3 T. pickle juice from the jar
- ~½ c. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ~½ T. Dijon mustard
- ~3 T. light Miracle Whip
- ~½ tsp. paprika
- ~½ celery salt
- ~½ tsp. salt
- ~¼ tsp. black pepper
- In mixing bowl, combine chopped potatoes, eggs, pickles, and onion.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, combine pickle juice, yogurt, mustard, Miracle Whip, and all spices.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the egg and potatoes.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving and serve cold.
- Makes approximately 5 cups.
1/2 c. of potato salad = 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints