I moved to Utah more than 15 years ago. Until then, I had never heard of Fry Sauce. Utahns take their fry sauce seriously!! It is served everywhere. Standard fry sauce is a combination of mayonnaise and catsup. To me, it always lacked a little something. This recipe has been updated from the classic. Try it on fries, tater tots, burgers, or if a fresh veggie falls in and you sample it that way, I won’t tell! My two favorite ways to eat Fry Sauce are with, of course, fries but also slathered on a bacon cheeseburger.
My son says it’s the “best fry sauce he’s ever had.” I’ll take that as a rave review. It can easily be doubled, tripled, etc. to make the amount you think you’ll need to feed you crew. It will keep in the refrigerator, sealed in a container, for up to two weeks. Try it. It may become a staple in your house soon! ~Kathy
- ~ 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- ~ 3 heaping T. catsup
- ~ 1 T. ranch dressing (I used Hidden Valley)
- ~ ½ tsp garlic powder
- ~ ½ tsp onion powder
- ~ ¼ to ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ~ ¼ tsp ground mustard
- ~ ¼ tsp season salt (I used Lawry’s)
- ~ ¼ tsp black pepper
- Combine all, ensuring that the spices are well incorporated.
- Place in container with lid.
- Allow to chill, covered, for at least 30 minutes before use.