Fire up the grill for this recipe! If you are familiar with fresh Mexican grill Costa Vida restaurant chain, this is a copycat recipe for their grilled chicken. It is used in all their chicken entrees from burritos to salads. I absolutely LOVE their grilled chicken! This recipe is wonderful for anything you would use grilled chicken in, but my family’s favorite is tacos. And it’s great because it is really quick to mix together; score one for me! You might even want to make a double batch, grilling and freezing some for a quick heat-up option another day! ~Kathy
- 3 lbs. chicken breast
- ½ c. olive oil
- 1 heaping T. fresh garlic, finely minced
- 3 T. all purpose seasoning (I used a combo of original Mrs. Dash & Emeril’s Original Essence.)
- 1 T. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika, optional
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pat chicken dry. Trim all fat and cut each chicken breast in half, lengthwise.
- Add all other ingredients in a large Ziplock freezer bag. Mix to combine well. Add chicken, seal bag, and turn to coat chicken pieces completely.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for 30-45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade; place on pre-heated, oiled grill. Grill on medium-low heat until cooked completely through. Chicken should reach 165 F. Chop chicken into bite sized pieces and serve warm in a soft tortilla with your favorite taco toppings.