As much as I am in love with Walmart’s new online grocery ordering and pickup system, I have to admit that it does seem a little impersonal. I mean, how am I going to know what’s going on in the lives of the check-out folks without that grocery line banter? I’ve talked before about my memories of our small-town grocery store, Bay’s Grocery. I remember our mom chatting with the butcher as he wrapped up her selections, of which one of my favorites was the ham salad. I wish I could remember exactly what was in that ham salad, but I’ve created my own version here that is the perfect use for that left-over Easter ham. ~Tracy
- 2 c. finely chopped ham (trimmed of fat before chopping)
- ¼ c. finely chopped celery
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- ¼ c. finely chopped kosher dill pickle
- ¼ c. light miracle whip
- 1/8 c. + 2 tsp. fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- The best method to finely chop your ham is to use your food processor (as shown in photos), but you can easily chop by hand, it’s just a little more time consuming.
- After chopping your ham, celery, egg, and dill pickles, combine all ingredients and gently stir together.
- Cover and refrigerate to chill all ingredients together.
- Serve on your favorite crackers or some of your favorite toasted bread.
WW Freestyle Info: This recipe makes about 3 cups of prepared ham salad. Each 1/4 cup serving is 2 points.