This recipe was born of necessity. I needed lunch for the week and this is what I had in the pantry and freezer. Well, let me tell you, it was a happy accident because, in just about 5 minutes of prep work, I had this going in the crockpot. The result is 3 recipes in one! Throughout the week, I ate this as a dip (my favorite way), a soup with the addition of a little chicken broth, and a rice bowl…so versatile, so delicious! ~Erin
- 1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I use the individually frozen kind)
- 1 can (16 oz.) pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (16 oz.) fat free refried beans
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn
- 1 c. fat free salsa verde
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 2 – 3 T. ground cumin (I used 3 because I love cumin)
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- Corn chips, for dipping (I use Good Thins The Corn One – found in the cracker aisle), optional
- Cooked rice, optional for serving
- Fat free chicken broth, optional
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- Cheese, optional
- Place frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. (You can use thawed breasts too but keep in mind it may cook faster.)
- Pour in beans, refried bean, corn, green chiles, & spices.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Within the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the chicken, shred, and add back to the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Three ways to serve: 1. As a dip, serve with chips. 2. Add broth for a soup. Top with cheese, green onions, or chopped cilantro if desired. 3. Over rice; add cheese, green onions or cilantro if desired.
WW Freestyle Info: This is ZERO points. Be sure to calculate your added points if you serve with rice, cheese, or chips.