If you’ve been looking for the perfect spinach artichoke dip, look no further. This one is rich and creamy with the just right flavor ratios. It’s the roasted garlic that really puts it over the top. Share with friends at your next gathering or just make a small batch to enjoy for dinner. If you have a crowd, just know that it will go quickly! ~Robin
- 1 head of fresh garlic
- 7 oz. frozen* or fresh** spinach (usually comes in a 10 oz. package but I just divide after I thaw it)
- 1 14 oz. can of artichokes (in brine, not oil; my brand of choice is Reese) drained and chopped (I like bigger chunks but do what suits you)
- 1 10 oz. container of alfredo sauce (I like Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo)
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, plus a bit for topping
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan, plus a bit for topping
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- Tortilla chips, pita chips, or mini-toasts for serving
For frozen spinach, once thawed, wrap the spinach in a dark colored tea towel (to prevent staining) and squeeze the excess water out into the sink. If using fresh, cook and drain liquid.
For fresh spinach, julienne first and set aside before you roast the garlic so the edges aren’t overly moist. You do not want your dip to have a green hue.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place garlic on a double layer of foil, drizzle with a little olive oil, and close tightly.
Bake about 20 minutes or until soft; remove from heat and open foil, being careful not to burn yourself on the hot oil or garlic.
Once it is cool enough to touch, peel garlic skin away and squeeze the garlic cloves directly into a medium sized bowl; then mash garlic with a fork.
In a medium glass bowl, soften cream cheese in the microwave, then combine with garlic using a fork.
To cream cheese mixture, add spinach, artichoke hearts, Alfredo sauce, and cheeses; then mix well.
Place in an 8” x 8” baking dish, then lightly sprinkle a bit more mozzarella and parmesan on top and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Broil for up to five minutes after baking if the top hasn’t yet caramelized. Watch carefully during broiling to avoid burning.
Serve immediately with your favorite chip or mini-toast.