As summer vegetables come into season, this is a wonderful way to appreciate some of those fresh flavors. Our family has been enjoying this recipe for many years. Even the kids love it! It makes a great side compliment to your favorite grilled chicken or fish, but we recommend it as a tasty main dish all on its own! ~ Tracy
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin, bite sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes, halved or quartered to your liking
- ½ c. chopped onion
- 1 ½ T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. dried basil*
- ½ t. dried oregano
- salt / cracked pepper to taste
- ½ c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. uncooked spaghetti noodles
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions (remember to liberally salt the water).
While spaghetti is cooking (according to instructions on package), add olive oil to large sauté pan. When oil is hot, sauté zucchini, garlic, and onion.
Continue to stir-fry the zucchini, garlic, and onions for three to four minutes – until onion begins to become translucent and zucchini softens. Toss in tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through.
Add cooked pasta and stir thoroughly into vegetable mixture. Toss in shredded Parmesan.
*If using fresh basil you may want to reduce amount, since fresh basil is much stronger in flavor.
WW Freestyle Info.: This recipe is 7 points for 1 ½ cups! Serves 5.