In case you haven’t noticed from my recipes (case in point: Roasted Garlic Hummus), I LOVE garlic. I eat it so much, vampires would probably pass me up… mostly I eat it for supper though, so I don’t lose friends.
It’s no surprise that this Roasted Broccoli & Garlic is one of my very favorite vegetables/side-dishes. My kids eat it well too so that’s a plus. The crunchy edges on the broccoli and the crispy bits of garlic are a match made in heaven. ~Erin
- 2 medium heads of broccoli, washed
- 1 small head of garlic
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- cooking spray for the pan
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. For more crispy surface area, cut each floret in half longways, so each one has a flat side to place on the pan.
- Separate the garlic cloves & smash them with a heavy object. I use my cast iron skillet or a large can of vegetables.
- Remove the papery skins from the garlic and cut the larger cloves in half.
- Toss the broccoli & garlic with olive oil and spread in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Lightly salt the broccoli & garlic
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time, or until broccoli is tender and golden browned on the edges.
WW Freestyle Info.: Makes 4 servings at 1 point each.