Pasta is always good for my hungry crew after work, football practice, and a long day of school. Almost as good as the flavor is the fact that I can make this Pesto Chicken Pasta in less than 30 minutes when I use rotisserie chicken and pre-made pesto sauce. ~Tracy
- 2 T. butter
- ½ c. finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ c. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ c. 1% milk
- 1 ½ c. chicken broth
- 3 T. jarred pesto (I like Barilla)
- half of a 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 ½ c. chopped white meat chicken, I use chopped chicken breast from rotisserie chickens
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked in salted water according to package directions (I used Campanelle pasta)
- Melt butter over medium heat in large, deep skillet.
- Add garlic and onion, sauteing for a few minutes until onions begin to become tender.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine with onions and garlic.
- Add milk and continue stirring until forms a thick paste with the flour.
- Gently stir in the chicken broth until forms a thickening sauce.
- Stir in jarred pesto and chopped artichoke hearts.
- Add chopped chicken and cooked pasta stirring to combine well.
- Serve topped with shredded or sliced parmesan.
WW Freestyle Info.: This recipe makes about 8 one-cup servings. Each serving is 9 points not accounting for parmesan cheese topping.