I had this brainstorm at like midnight one night. Because that’s when you have your best recipe ideas…at midnight when the fridge starts calling your name. For the record, I didn’t get up and make this in the middle of the night, but I did grab my phone and add it to my notes for “recipe ideas.” Here’s how my thought process went: ‘What if two of my favorite foods, pasta & nachos, got married and had a baby? What would that be like???!!’ The answer is: AMAZING! I hopped on Pinterest to see if this already exists. Nope! Not that I could find. This is a one-of-a-kind original, people, and it’s everything I imagined. ~Erin
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 (10 oz. each) cans Mild Ro-tel tomatoes & green chilis, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can Campbell’s Healthy Request cheddar soup, undiluted
- 1 c. Tostitos Salsa Con Queso (found I the chip isle)
- ¼ c. whole milk
- 1 ½ tsp. seasoned salt (I used Lawry’s)
- 1 c. 2% shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 – 4 T. chopped pickled jalapenos
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (one per person)
- 1 tsp. of low sodium taco seasoning per chicken breast
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Cook pasta, in salted water, according to instructions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, coat each side of the chicken breasts with ½ tsp. of taco seasoning (1 tsp. per breast) and grill (or cook in a nonstick skillet with cooking spray) until cooked through; set aside.
- Drain pasta and immediately add Ro-tel, canned cheddar soup, Tostitos Salsa Con Queso, milk, seasoned salt, and shredded Mexican cheese; stir over low heat until melted and well combined.
- Stir in jalapenos to taste. (I used 4 T. and it was pretty spicy – if you are sensitive to heat, leave them out completely.)
- Plate your desired serving size of nacho mac & cheese; slice one chicken breast per person and serve on top of the mac & cheese!
WW Freestyle Info.: This mac & cheese recipe makes 12 servings of 5 ounces (about ¾ cup) each. One serving is 6 points. Two servings (about 1 ½ cups) comes to 11 points.