The slow cooker is my best friend during the week. With all that goes on — work, helping with homework, shuffling kids to various activities, etc. (you know, the list goes on and on) – there is nothing better than coming home to a meal that is pretty much ready to go! This recipe is rich with a ton of flavor. Served over egg noodles, it’s a great, quick-to-assemble weeknight dinner. See notes for Weight Watchers alternative ingredients. ~Kathy
- 2 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (use breasts, if following Weight Watchers)
- 2 (10 ¾ oz. each) cans Campbell’s Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ¾ oz.) can Campbell’s Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. sour cream or plain nonfat Greek Yogurt (use Greek yogurt, if following Weight Watchers)
- 1 T. paprika, plus more for garnish
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chicken base, mixed in 1/3 c. hot water**
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. package wide egg noodles – not included in SmartPoints calculation below
Trim chicken of any visible fat. Place in a slow cooker that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (or lined with a crockpot liner). In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over chicken. Cook on low about 8 hours, until chicken is fork tender. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon to a cutting board or plate and cut into bite sized pieces. Return to sauce mixture.
Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Serve chicken mixture over noodles. Garnish with extra paprika, if desired.
**Chicken base is found in the isle next to chicken bouillon (which I recommend using for this recipe). It is generally not as salty as cubed bouillon. I prefer Better than Bouillon brand. If not available, substitute one chicken bouillon cube and omit salt. This may alter the flavor slightly.
Weight Watchers info:
This recipe makes 7 servings, 10 ounces (weight) each. On the Freestyle plan, each serving is only 2 Smartpoints! This calculations is for the chicken/soup mixture only, so don’t forget to add the points for your serving of noodles.