I live in a part of Utah where it is unusual to have air conditioning. Water coolers and window units are about it. In fact, I can’t think of anyone near where I live that has central air conditioning. To those in the south, I understand that seems barbaric! So needless to say, as the weather heats up, I try to avoid turning on my oven as much as possible. This no-bake pie is perfect for a night when it’s too hot to cook, if you need a quick dessert for the family, or to deliver to someone else (believe me they will appreciate the gesture!). It’s really the perfect chocolate pie for any day. It’s amazingly easy to mix together but ultimately decadent. Its velvety texture is irresistible. ~ Kathy
- 1 Pre-made graham cracker crust (I use the one that says 2 extra servings)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 T. sugar
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c. milk (whole or 2% recommended)
- 4 oz. German Sweet Chocolate baking bar
- 3 T semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed according to directions
In a microwave safe dish, melt chocolates at 15 second intervals, stirring between until smooth; set aside. Stir occasionally to prevent top from hardening.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla until well blended. Gradually add in melted chocolate and milk.
Fold whipped topping into chocolate mixture until well combined.
Spoon into crust and spread evenly. Freeze for 4 hours, or until firm. Store covered in refrigerator.